Tuesday 26 March 2013

When I got my groove back!

Years back in the University, I kept having this strange twinge on my left breast. I overlooked it for several months but it got to a point my mind kept going back to it, in class, in church, market etc. This fueled my decision to massage my breast everyday, so I laid on my back, one hand up, while the other massages the breast as convenient.
I did this for many months and the painful pang disappeared,  I was so relieved because I have read of breast cancer and I didn't want to take chances. My relief didn't last long though, because shortly after,  I started feeling a lump on that left breast. It was so distinct and it kept moving about.
Was I scared? Oh! My God!, that is an understatement. My many reasons for worrying ranges from financial to many others. I didn't know what to do, so I sought help of a doctor, who tested me severally because I kept going back after I prayed to see if the lump would disappeared.

I believed in God and exercised faith, but in this case, the lump stayed put. I didn't have any means to get through with the finances involved for a surgery plus the thought of having me sliced around that place gave me sleepless nights. However, with faith in God, He made a way. I confided in one of my hall mates in school, who told her mum, she had me booked for check ups immediately.

 I still did not want the lump removed, I wanted such news like; 'OK, the lump is not cancerous and you will be fine'. Through all the test I did, the conclusion was to remove the lump because apparently, it was getting bigger. 

In summary, I had the surgery, in the midst of all the emotional roller coaster, I pulled through. I slept well afterwards. There are people who have it reoccurring, but the basic attention should be given to detecting on time and having it removed immediately to avoid cancerous tendencies.  I am forever grateful to my hall mate whose mum helped me.

I beg you Pearls, do those simple routines on your breast, even if you are not sure, get tested to be sure. God bless and keep you loves, help yourself while you can.
Always having you in mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very educative piece. I am always a fan of your good writing skills. Keep it up girl!

The way out said...

Thanks. I'm encouraged.

Unknown said...

thanks sis nike....this is really educative

The way out said...

Always my pleasure to share my experiences with you. A lot of stories makes the Bible, we can tell too so others can learn and be free at least in the best way I can help.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE READING UR WRITE UPS. EYE OPENING AND GIVES INSIGHT. GOD BLESS YOU NIK.

The way out said...

Amen! God bless you more. I'm encouraged. Thanks.