Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Prince you want!

Do you know his name, address, job title and description, his mum, his this and that? Many of us think we know. I remember how I use to say I want my husband, taller, dark with pink lips.../(smiles). When we met, I totally forgot the pink lips part, so on our second anniversary, I asked him "where is the pink on your lips", he said I must have taken it because he had it on when he met me. We laughed it off, but deep within me, I knew pink lips was the least on my mind then.

My Pearls, the same way you have a picture of him, always make an allowance for his mum. Yes! His Mum. She is an important part of his make up that you can't flip over. If he is the Prince you want, then you should know that a queen has been responsible for him from way back. I call our own Queen Mum.

One Sunday afternoon, on our way from church, I felt it would be better to make my hair at once rather than driving Mum home and then drive out again. I didn't know how to tell her or seek her understanding. So I went on talking about it for like five minutes, Mum knew immediately what I wanted and she just offered to go with me. I made a quick U-turn and she started laughing and asked "U mean to tell me you were going to take me home first and come back here? Why? I smiled and was relaxed. We got to this salon where I use to waste my money. I settled Mum in, finished my hair, on our way out, one of my usual stylists asked me if my mum-in law was staying with me, I said "Yes, any problem?" Oh My God! She went on to tell me how dangerous it is, how her sister and friend are suffering for it etc. She ended the conversation praying that her own mother-in law must die before she gets married and at that point, I knew I had overstayed. I had that conversation playing in my head till we got home, but still, I have a choice.

I want to be a mum-in law, so I do not pray for a daughter-in-law who want me dead before meeting my son. That was exactly what encouraged me to pray for a good mother-in law. When I prayed, I was specific, I told God I wanted one with a good heart, who will care for me like I am her daughter, I use to say 'I will be a daughter she never had'. It turned out to be true.

She is the best, I married her only son, confidant and friend. She told me before we had our wedding, "Nike, I am leaving him to you, please care for him in your best ways, and please don't take him away from me"
I was so touched and I broke down in tears, just wondering if this much love could be for real, why didn't God let me have a bit of it.
Having no mum from a tender age made a tough me and I found it really weird when grown ups are all over with 'my mum' syndrome. My mother-in law changed that, I believe God wanted to show me how mother and child love works.

She is like a dear friend. Sometimes, she sits in front of me and we could gist till day break and she'll smile and say "Am I boring you"? Always seeking my consent, praying for me, feeding me in on what she went through with her only child. Now tell me, how can I not look pass her mistakes? She is not an angel after all. She is like a mother for real, and since I never really know how it works, she is always patient to tell me what you do and don't do to mothers.

Be prepared to love your mum-in law, never pray that she dies, that sounds to me like praying the law of karma into effect. The same way you are praying for Prince charming, pray for the Queen that conceived, carried, birthed and took care of him, she deserves it too.


Got this image off a friend's wall, Imagine you are this Mum.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good one sis....i pray for a good mother-in-law like yours oooo

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmn I'm jealous ooooooo...........I pray 4 a good mother-in-law too...*smile*

The way out said...

Lol...You have what you profess and believe darls. I'm waiting to tell her on your behalf that she is getting a jewel as a daughter-in law, you and you. Love you to bits girls. And I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BLESSING YOU ARE! NOW I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING A MUM-IN LAW, COS FOR ME, OUR LOCAL MOVIES HAVE FINSHED THEM.

The way out said...

Lol..pls look forward to it. Don't allow the movies to influence you darl.