Wednesday 13 March 2013

Take note of your cue!

Someday, you will say yes. Be prepared.
I am very sure some of you have heard this line before; "If you really love me, you will let me have you".

And then you will go all emotional and have sleepless nights, working it out in your head, ideas like; 'Oh! how he loves me, he has shown me he does by taking me out, buying me things and to top it all, he cares about my Education! Of all things, my Education! He must be the one, may be I should let him have a glimpse, or a touch, or... Oh! that nice way of doing it, he said he won't force his way in, so on and forth'

In your dreams my dear. If you dare let him near that spot, with a promise that he won't go in, you are being taken for a fool,please don't be one. 
I have heard it called so many names, but I like to call it couple/ baby dance. For your own information, sex is sex.

I got a call from one of my Pearls who is worried about her friend, she called me to talk with her which I did. This beautiful voice brought back a lot of memories, those times of living in constant fear of the unknown. She is in this relationship that seems good enough except for sex issues. In her own case, she is already doing it, but I was encouraged even more to call her up and let her know she can stop right now. Most of our conversation is basically to get her to stop doing couple dance for now.  I asked her one day if she is happy doing this before marriage, she said No! I asked if she is at peace with her conscience, she said No! I went on to ask if she trust God to take care of her, she said Yes but not too sure. I then realized that is where her problem lies.
She was on the verge of giving all her hopes up for a man that will eventually walk out on her,a mere man that will use, disrespect and dump her. I do not know how else to say it or how nicely to tell her but I ended up telling her in my nicest nature and I remember my words exactly "Sweetheart, If you don't leave him now, he will leave you soon. You want to know why? You are big minus for him, a liability. The moment he feels he has done enough for you,he will take his nice gesture to someone else, he will embarrass you by leaving you"

I am sharing this short story with her consent, and it is a cue for us to pray Pearls. For one another so none of you will fall into wrong hands, keeping faith, you will hold on to trust in God and no one else.

I identified with her on this, because I once faced similar situation. Always trying to figure out the 5 W's and H. (In journalism these are the Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?) I just couldn't comprehend how mighty our God is, tried and proven God, my only way OUT. I trusted in men, expended my precious spiritual abilities on mercy queue, always begging for mercy, which unarguably is God's provision for our fall, but not for our growth. You cannot be on that queue every time and expect to grow spiritually, physically,  intellectually and otherwise. It is the best way to describe moving in circles. However, now I am better...much better, I made it because I had God to hold onto, He alone knows the real woman in me.

So,sweethearts, this is my submission. Whatever relationship you are keeping now with him, If it bothers your conscience and peace so much, can you trust God enough to take a little time off? I know how difficult it is but please try. The truth is, each time you deliberately ignore your conscience, you are hardening your heart. Your capacity to tell right from wrong slowly erodes. But when you stay close to God, He reminds you of what is right. Don't ignore your conscience. It works in all aspects of life.

About trusting God for your needs, it is a topic for another day. I can witness about it so I will share with you on how I am coming out strong. Doesn't it all boil down to God? Of course! He is the one who influences all things.

Action plan: "When you don't know what to do, that's your cue to pray."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmmm when you dont know what to do that's your cue to pray.word ! really we youlth most especially young ladies need to understand how much God loves us 1 john 3: 1a.really it can never be compared with what you think a boy has for you...many of us unconciouslly claim to love God than anyother thing or person but its not true. i have learnt to pray anytime i find myself too emotional or overwhelmed by a relationship and immediately i find myself snappin out of it.we need to understand our personality in God so that we can build our relationship on God standard.....we need to feed more our spirit n feed less our flesh.ofcouse im not talking of the food we eat here....d moment you neglect God dat moment you fall again....its not easy thou but wit God it is.God help us all...nobody is left out.

Unknown said...

hmmmmm when you dont know what to do that's your cue to pray.word ! really we youlth most especially young ladies need to understand how much God loves us 1 john 3: 1a.really it can never be compared with what you think a boy has for you...many of us unconciouslly claim to love God than anyother thing or person but its not true. i have learnt to pray anytime i find myself too emotional or overwhelmed by a relationship and immediately i find myself snappin out of it.we need to understand our personality in God so that we can build our relationship on God standard.....we need to feed more our spirit n feed less our flesh.ofcouse im not talking of the food we eat here....d moment you neglect God dat moment you fall again....its not easy thou but wit God it is.God help us all...nobody is left out.

The way out said...

Well said. Nobody is left out. I am praying for you all.

Unknown said...

Great blog dear. keep up the good work :)
gracistsumbuli.wordpress.com

The way out said...

Thanks Grace. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER AND WATCH OUT FOR MY PEACE OF MIND, MOST TIMES I GO ON TO DO WHAT i WANT THEN START PRAYING FPR HELP, REALLY I SHOULD PRAY FIRST. I WISH IT IS EASIER TO JUST KNOW WHO TO BE WITH AT ONCE AND MOVE ON...LOL.