Wednesday 1 April 2015

The promise I made.

See who just got back to writing. Mixed feelings flying everywhere at the moment.

When I started this blog, it was for two reasons. One, I was actively trying for a baby and wanted a distraction from the pressure, anxiety, worry etc. Did it work? YES!!! I wasn't only distracted, I ended up being busy with some beautiful ladies, made night calls to encourage some of my girls in challenging relationships, we were able to help some and didn't get anywhere with some.

The second reason I started sharing personal experiences was because I woke up each morning with a ''something is missing'' kind of feeling. When I searched my heart, it didn't take long to figure it out. So, I made a promise to God, that if He could just give me a baby, I will testify by writing about my experience to encourage someone. I will try summarize my testimony.

My waiting experience wasn't that long to be honest. But anytime anyone qualifies that time as short, I tell them to hold their breath for 5 minutes. That was how much I wanted my baby. Like the air I breathe. I got married in 2011, not very long after then I missed my period and was overjoyed. I was becoming very sick at a point and was still getting negative result. I did several tests and was getting all pregnancy symptoms. The doctor advised then that if after a while, nothing happens I will have to do further rigorous test. In my life, I mean in my entire life, I hate things piecing into my skin. Thought of having further test finished me off at first. Many things happened, I couldn't cope with my work and had to resign. The day my period decided to gush out? You don't want to know. That experience was pinned down to many things, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage etc. I just wanted that time to pass. It did pass.

I officially started getting worried after I have been with my husband for 6 months, charting and actively trying without any result. My faith is what I'll term as strong, but even at that, I was worried and cried many nights. Our GP wasn't even going to do anything until 6 months later, hence the reason I threw myself into voluntary works and writing this blog. I was busy in daytime but my fears was still there at night to stare at me. Many nights I was sensitive enough to use words of affirmations, I confessed and declared the positives. It worked magic. Sincerely, there were times I couldn't hold up to pray at all. However, I remember I did a whole lot of singing, listened to worship songs that helps me get over myself.

It wasn't until 8 months after actively trying that we visited our GP again. Of course, we knew he was going to send us back but we just wanted to see if another ovulation test can be done on me. For some reason, while we were talking, I got very emotional and started to cry.
Long story short, we were called in to start fertility tests based on our age. That was it. From that moment we got signed on fertility test, I felt so light, it was as if the burden of tryiing to conceive was laid on the fertility clinic. We felt better, stopped charting, and of course we were busy. The process started with my own tests, my first consultation was dramatic as the doctor on duty asked me to have a sit, she then went on her knees to have me looking straight into her eyes, she told me that day and I will never forget those words ''If i tell you nothing is wrong with you, will you believe me? I decided not to reply her, she went on to explain to me that all my test showed I was in perfect condition to get pregnant, she advised me to wait and not to travel the fertility process, because according to her, many people on it really want it easier. Ok, agreed, nothing is wrong with me, then why have I not fallen pregnant? I left on that note. Hanging on to hope, I smiled at everything in buggies and prams before I even realized some were just dolls.

So many emotional ups and down, God kept me. My amazing husband was a life support because in the midst of it all, we laughed a lot. Thanks to him. My next appointment was in 3 weeks, can you believe I did not keep it? No, I didn't have to, the only call I put through to them was to cancel and inform them to take my name off. I was pregnant already, I found out while I was with a friend who kept pestering me to do a test,  according to her I was hyper active. That day, when I watched the second line turned up, I almost fainted. You'll understand what I mean if you've seen many negative pregnancy test lines before.

That was how my boy was conceived, first and second trimesters were something else. If I show you pictures, you won't believe it was me. I was practically in and out of hospitals for good 6  months. It was a challenging time in all aspect, God kept us. He sent help.

Delivery was another story, It was a 4 days non-stop labour pain. God kept us. I had my boy, I saw his face for the first time and I bursted out laughing. My husband was scared at some point because I was just staring into space, not talking to anyone. Oh, I will always say this, with the right man, a woman can soar. I depended on his shoulders for practically everything. God kept us.

Fast forward to now, I have an adorable, most blessed and highly favoured general in my son.
I am encouraging someone waiting to see what God alone can do. He will come through. He will keep you through the waiting, He will bless you with many seeds and your fruits will blossom in His time.

No comments: