Monday 10 June 2013

You are more beautiful than you think.

Still on self confidence issues. Got to drop off my schedule to quickly tell you how beautiful you are (If you accept you are beautiful), how ugly you will always feel If you don't accept you are beautiful and the habit of constantly speaking good vibes to yourself.

Aside my personal experience with self esteem, I'm greatly touched each time I see one of Dove's advertising campaign; Dove Real Beauty Sketches. You should check it out on youtube. Astounding ad. Critics of the ad says, it should have been directed to young ladies, or Dove should have used young girls as models in order to help build self confidence of young and growing ladies, however, I am less concerned about all that, the moment I saw the ad, the message stuck. Isn't that the purpose of all ads? 

So, I'm drawn to fact that some of us don't even value anything about us. You don't like your eyes, nose, ears, height etc Or like me, my slightly curved legs use to make me go 'Oh why me?' especially when I see models with lovely straight legs. (Old things are passed away though...lol, now for me, If your legs aren't curved, they are bad! Jokes please)

These three different women were invited into an open space drawing studio where a forensic artist was asked to draw each of them only depending on what they describe to him because he had his back turned to them. The same process was repeated with random strangers who after meeting each woman at the lobby for few minutes were asked to describe the person they just met. 
The two images (as described by self and stranger) of each woman were placed beside each other and they were all asked to come describe what they see. 
The result of the images that were drawn up from other people's description of them were better, livelier and more believable. Some of the women found the process emotional, not believing that they are actually better than they thought. Even the forensic artist felt the enthusiasm in the voice of the strangers. 
That is exactly my point, you are beautiful than you think.

On the second or third thought, I feel they were lucky they met people who appreciates what they saw, or for the purpose of the ad, well mannered and sensitive people. I'm not sure. But in real life, some will never, ever see anything good, no matter how small in you.  It's got to start with you darl!

Remember always, nobody will notice you in this world, unless you feel like you are being noticed first. It's called self confidence, not pride. Your self confidence is critical to your happiness, otherwise, you will always feel something is missing, even when you have all the things money can buy.



Please girls, use your mirror everyday, speak beautiful things to yourself. I use this line: 'I am beautiful inside and outside.' No matter what anyone thinks of me, It's my call and I insist on it.







Each time I am alone with my thoughts, I still remember how everyone I have ever come across, treats or have treated me. Working on trashing the ugly bits. I keep praying, because I don't forget easily how people make me feel, even If I forget their names.


No comments: