Thursday 21 February 2013

We are Live, not rehearsing.

Stand by! Roll tape! Action! Cut! These are popular language of a film director, I mean film for real. The ones we watch, yes, that one that feeds your fantasies. (Smiles). 

Reminds me of my favourite show for now "One Born Every Minute", a young lady was about to give birth and she was in so much pain, shouting on top of her voice as the baby was making his way out, unknown to her how far she has gone in labour, she asked the midwife when she will start real labour. The midwife could not help laughing as she explained to her that "you don't get it better than this, it's no rehearsal, you are even at the last lap of your labour, just give me your best push now when you get the urge to push" and surprisingly, that was her last push and the baby came out turning his head. The mother was astonished as she kept screaming "What? Is he out?" Very touching sight.

My point is , we are sometimes so engrossed in our present that we forget that it will eventually pass.
I miss those beautiful moments in school when we worshiped our God like that was the last, when we cared less about status and many things we want to become, when we left school to camp for a whole week just to pray, we walked crazy distance because we had to be in fellowship. So many good experiences as well as the not too good ones, when I had to use my handkerchiefs as sanitary pad, when people were avoiding me because I was always in need of N20, N50, N100 etc., when the future was so vague...

Personally, my life took a new turn when Faith delivered me from unknown fear. I now look back and have so many reasons to praise God and also to keep moving on. You need to understand that you are living and not rehearsing. Stop procrastinating. Start what is being laid on your heart. Life is not a rehearsal, you might never get this chance, time, plan and people altogether again. I wish I was bold enough to step up to my dream when I had the time and people at my beck and call. Now, I am living my dream, it is taking more out of me to reach those goals. I thought I was rehearsing, like all those opportunities will 'repeat play'...

I know people will give you one thousand and more reasons not to, but my dears, a little exposure opened my eyes, you can thrive at any age. I'm placing a bet on you Pearls..don't let me down.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm life is not a rehearsal we are actually living.....men d story of dat woman is very funny

The way out said...

You get my point babes...real life play. So, let's act our best.

debo said...

hmmm....

Unknown said...

#word#The more we live d more we learn.....we just nid get beta in d role we re giving 2 play......

Unknown said...

#word#The more we live d more we learn.....we just nid get beta in d role we re giving 2 play......

Unknown said...

yes makin d best use of ur opportunities at evry point n time cos they mit neva come again

The way out said...

I'm glad we are on the same page, now I know you fully understand me. May I please ask you my darlings, write correct English ooo, I don't understand why most of you can't write correctly, I don't understand all these abbreviations please. Love you guys lot.